Monday, November 12, 2007

Wicked cramp

Today was Veteran's Day so I was off work. I hung out with my buddy Rob this morning a little as we discussed life over a cup of coffee at McDonalds (he actually had a bagel and Coke). After returning home, I did some laundry and straightened up the house, while I awaited the repairman to come and replace the lamp in my DLP HDTV. He came about 11 and was done in about 45 minutes. I decided that I was going to go for about a 4-5 mile run. The weather was about 65 and kind of humid as it had rained all morning. About 2 miles into the run, I developed a side stitch/cramp. I tried slowing down and walking for a minute or so, but when I resumed running the cramp came back strong. I walked about the next two miles because every time I tried to start running again it came back. I usually don't get side-stitches, so this was very frustrating. Later this evening Emily and I went for about a 2.5 mile jog to help her get ready for the Turkey Trot next week, I wasn't planning on running but ran about 1.5 miles in my jeans that I was wearing. Emily kept saying "Dad, you are going to chafe". Hard to believe she is 9. She is the one on the far left of the picture below.

No comments: