Saturday, October 18, 2008

2008 Wildcat Duathlon

This morning, I participated in the Wildcat Duathlon. This was a real fun event and one that I knew that I wouldn't be competitive in, but I ran and biked as hard as I could. I finished the first two miles in 15:58, took about a minute at the transition point and headed out for the bike ride. The bike course was hilly (in my opinion). I was riding a Trek 7.3 Fx. which is not geared like a road bike. I started out strong but many people passed me on the bike ride. It took me 52 minutes to ride 12 miles. By the time we got to the last leg, I was fairly far back. My legs felt like bricks and jello but I was able to pass about 10 people on the second two mile run and finished at 1:26:12. I feel pretty good for that time, considering it was my first race.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: