Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Multisport

Recently I have been considering becoming a multi-sport recreational athlete. I have been running for two years now and have a firm grasp on running. My quest for more speed has led to me losing about 8 pounds since a year ago. I am currently at 171 and hoping to get between 160 and 165. I will be running the Bass Pro Shops Half-Marathon on November 2. I am hoping to really smash my PR of 1:58:05(Personal Record for those of you scoring at home).
I have recently purchased a bike (Trek 7.3fx) and have been getting interested in riding. I have rode about 30 miles total on it so far. I am considering participating in a duathlon on October 18th which consists of a 2 mile run, 12 mile bike ride and another 2 mile run.
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

scott: way to go studman. i will working on getting a firm grip on the running for now. maybe after i run a butt pile of marathons i will attempt those multisport events.

laters,
rob