Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Head games in the morning

It's amazing to me how much running is controlled by your mind. I woke up this morning at 5 and made a pot of coffee.  When I first got up I stood there for a few minutes contemplating skipping the run and sitting in the hot tub. I'm getting tired of running with temps in the 80's so  I decided to go ahead and go for it. I drank a cup threw on my running clothes and headed out the door. I headed out down my usual route. The air was foggy and it was still dark outside. The temp was about 60, so it was perfect. I'm always concerned about dogs and other animals on the loose so I try to keep my wits about me. Initially I was going to run 30 minutes. However, I decided on a specific route without knowing the exact mileage and I wound up running 39 minutes and was able to run 4.75 miles. I was so glad I ran after I was done. With the fall coming on, I am feeling stronger and stronger. 

No comments: