Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm glad I still did it

This morning I was supposed to meet Patrick for a 12 mile run at about 5:45 a.m. at Sequiota Park. But at 4:35 Pat called me to tell me the wind and rain was too much to run in this morning. I went back to sleep and was woke up at 7 by my mother calling me to tell me she was in the hospital with complaints of chest pain. Susan and I got up and went to Cox South to visit with mom. Her EKG and bloodwork had been negative and she was waiting to a treadmill stress test. She was basically in for a long day because waiting for the results of the test is usually the long part. She eventually had the test and found it to be negative and got to go home from the hospital. When we got back from the hospital, it was clear outside and I was feeling pretty good, so I decided to go for a run by myself. It was extremely windy but I relaxed and took it very easy. I was able to run 7 miles and I felt really good the rest of the day. 

No comments: