Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ravished after a run.

Went for a little run with Rob today after work. The temp at start was about 43. I decided to run the first mile at a pretty fast pace and wound up running 7:19 for the first mile. Rob and I ran together on a course that he had been telling me about and it wound up being the exact same way I had been running during the summer. After we got back to his house I had run 5 miles, so I decided to take it up a notch for the way home. I pushed it very hard and finished the last mile in 7:15 which leads me to wonder if I am going to be able to break 23 minutes in the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving. I haven't used my inhaler in over a year, but the air was cold today and I almost went for it, but decided against it.  We had supper shortly after I got back to the house and I felt like my body absorbed every calorie in about ten minutes, which left me very hungry and searching for calories. I went to Wal-Mart after I took the girls to dance and I bought a box of Snyder's of Hanover Bavarian Pretzels, ate three of them and had a Diet Mt. Dew. I realize it wasn't necessarily the best choice considering I had candy already today and I am trying to lose 10 pounds. I know that I need to drink more water. I am really enjoying my training and can truly envision one day completing a triathlon.  I have increased my swimming to three days a week and can swim a half mile without stopping. 

No comments: